Thursday, January 18, 2018

Tutorial Thursday- Fabulous Marci Lollipop Card

Hi everyone! Tina here with you today and I am so excited to be sharing my first tutorial for La La Land Crafts! For my tutorial I created a Lollipop Card using Fabulous Marci.

Products Used:
Fabulous Marci Rubber Stamp

Stitched Nested Circles

Heart Banner Die
Lets walk through the steps together. 

I always color my image first. 


I colored the Fabulous Marci Rubber Stamp with Copic markers. Starting out with the skin.

This is my go to skin combo. You can create many different looks with this combo. R20 is used for blush. 

After the skin is done, I move on to the hair. I love this color combination because it is simple with just three markers to use. 


From there, we move onto coloring the clothes and headband. I started by coloring the flowers around Fabulous Marci's waste, adding flowers to the headband and then coloring around the flowers with the black combo below. (also used this combo for her lips)

I used the same black color combination to color the dress. Once completely finished with the coloring, I added sparkles by using 110, C7 and a white gel pen. 

Use a sharp pair of scissors to fussy cut the image and set aside. 

Choose a cardstock that coordinates with your image, you will need two 2 x 12 inch strips. Double sided cardstock would be best. 

Score each 2 x 12 inch strip at every half inch and then fold accordion style.  



Hot glue the strips together at the ends.


Shape the cardstock strips into a circle and glue the ends together. 


Cut out 5 circles. You will need two pink, two large white and 1 smaller white. 




You can make your rosette different sizes depending how much you leave the center open. I wanted to leave it bigger to accommodate Fabulous Marci

Hot glue one of the large white circles to the back of your rosette. 
Then take a paper straw and hot glue it between one of the pleats in the rosette. You will want to slide it up so the straw is sticking out above the rosette on the other side.  Hot glue the straw down on the circle. This will add a little more stability. 


I wanted to place a black doily over the white circle, but I didn't have one. So, as my husband would say I had to "Improvise, adapt and overcome." (He's a Marine)


I turned white doily black using Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I only inked around the outside since the center of the doily will be covered by the circles cut out with the Stitched Nested Circles dies. 


Attach the doily over the white circle on the back of the rosette. Then place the large colored circle on top of it followed by the white smaller circle. The white circle will be where you write your message to the recipient of the lollipop card. 

Now to work on the front of  the lollipop card. 
Take the second large pink circle you cut and glue it to the white circle. The white circle is just to make the card more sturdy. (You may not have to have the large white circle if you make the center of the rosette smaller.) 
                                                                           
Hot glue lace to the bottom of the white circle. Hot glue the laced circle to the rosette. 


Embellish the front of your lollipop card. I decided to go with flowers, cheese cloth and stringy beads Heart Banner Die as embellishments. 


Now, add Fabulous Marci, the sentiment and any last minute embellishments. 


Viola!! You have a beautiful lollipop card ready to brighten someones day. 


Thank you for stopping by to check out my tutorial. Hopefully you are inspired to try one of these lollipop cards using La-La Land Crafts stamps and dies.

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment